Be part of a new solution
FSC offers a new way for businesses and other organisations to actively support forest managers in responsibly managing their forests and protecting ecosystem services. By providing financial support or sponsorship for the protection of valuable forest ecosystem services, you receive clear evidence of the positive impact your investment has created – leveraging several benefits for your company (see below). Moreover, you can use the widely recognised FSC trademarks to tell the story of the unique forest and promote your support for protecting its ecosystem services. Research shows that 50% of global consumers recognise the FSC label and have high levels of trust in FSC.
01. Regulatory Compliance: For forest managers
02. Value Chain Development: For supply chain actors
03. CSR & Sustainability Commitments : For forest managers, supply chain actors, non-forest businesses
04. Niche Market Access & Price Premiums: For forest managers, supply chain actors
05. Environmental Business Associations: For forest managers, supply chain actors, non-forest businesses
06. Improved Stakeholder Relationships: For forest managers
07. Green Marketing Tools/Communication: For forest managers, supply chain actors, non-forest businesses
08. Improved Brand Image: For forest managers, supply chain actors, non-forest businesses
Communicate how you contribute to positive impacts on forests and ecosystem services
Communicating about positive impacts on forests and ecosystem services provides environmental messages that resonate with your customers. It also creates an improved understanding of why your business chooses to invest in FSC certification. This story-telling can take many forms: from an article on your website, a photo story in a brochure, a section in your annual sustainability report, or a video. Take inspiration from these examples.
The magazine below includes an example of green marketing using the well-recognised FSC trademarks, an eye-catching photo of an emblematic monkey species and messaging that showcases the company’s leadership and environmental commitments. Please consult the FSC Trademark Use Guide for more guidance and inspiration.
This video shows the wealth, beauty and value of the Vietnamese forest “Huong Son”. The story is inspiring and captivating, and can be shared via diverse media channels.
Be a change-maker
Interested in becoming involved in driving nature-based solutions to meet your corporate environmental commitments?