The Value of FSC Project Certification
- Your projects and products become more appealing to both investors and users when you show your support for environmentally friendly practices through FSC-certified wood and wood-based products.
- You gain access to new avenues of promotion by using the FSC trademarks on your own projects’ promotional materials.
- Both you and your clients can rest assured that the material in your projects are responsibly sourced, recycled, or come from well managed forests.
- You have the option to obtain certification for your organisation that applies to any projects you manage on a continual basis. This can reduce costs in the long-term.
Ease of use
- With more than 100 types of products possible for FSC certification, virtually any wooden building product is available for use in your projects.
- More than 40,000 organizations in more than 120 countries have an FSC chain of custody certificate, making sourcing FSC certified material anywhere in the world a straightforward task.
- You will gain access to online tools that help using the FSC trademarks.
- You can choose between a one-time project certification or certification that is applicable to any future project you manage. The choice is entirely up to you.
- Your projects can be completely certified, parts of it can be certified, or a percentage claim can be applied. The decision is entirely up to you and your clients.
How to get certified
01. Source FSC materials: Source FSC wood and wood-based products.
02. Choose a Certification Body: Choose a Certification Body to verify your compliance.
03. Collect supporting documents: Collect the information needed to meet the necessary requirements.
04. Documents validation: The Certification Body validates whether your operation complies with the FSC requirements.
05. Certificate issuing: If you comply with the standards, the certificate is issued.
06. Communicate your commitment: You can use the FSC trademarks to promote and communicate about your FSC certified projects.
Discover 2B Office
Discover 2B Office: the first FSC-certified construction project
In Portugal, 2B Office has become the world's first construction project to achieve the new FSC project certification. This office and co-working space will showcase local FSC-certified products to develop awareness around the importance of forest certification. > Read more