Your projects and products become more appealing to both investors and users when you show your support for environmentally-friendly practices through FSC-certified wood and wood-based products.
We are committed to meeting the demands of stakeholders and this also means zero deforestation. You can apply to hold the FSC promotional license and use our label to convey your sustainability efforts. With our certification you can make legitimate claims related to the Sustainable Development Goals.
From dimensional lumber, CLT and plywood to flooring and hardwood panels, virtually any wood building product are available within FSC-certified supply chains. With FSC, you can make use of hardwoods and exotic wood types to accentuate modern interior design, knowing they came from (and support) well-managed forests. Becoming certified authorizes you to use our powerful label, assuring you and your clients that the sustainability claims you are making are genuine.
1: Management complies with the laws of the country
2: Workers’ rights are respected, including the provision of a safe and secure working environment
3: Indigenous Peoples’ rights are respected
4: Affected communities are consulted and engaged
5: Forest resources are managed sustainably to ensure long-term benefits
6: Environmental values of the forests are maintained and restored
7: Forests are managed according to a formal management plan, which also includes managing community and other stakeholder relationships
8: Environmental and social impacts are continually monitored and assessed, so corrective actions can be taken immediately
9: All areas with species of high conservation value and/or with Indigenous or cultural relevance are excluded from harvesting zones
10: Limited damage is made. Forest restoration must occur as quickly as possible.
Steps for Project Certification
01. Source FSC materials: Source FSC wood and wood-based products. Materials should be specified as FSC-certified in all invoices.
02. Choose CB: Choose a Certification Body to verify your compliance.
03. Choose type of certification: Choose between full certification or partial certification
04. Requirements: The Certification Body will identify the requirements you should meet.
05. Collect supporting documents: Collect the information needed to meet the necessary requirements.
06. Documents validation: The Certification Body validates your inputs and determines if you comply with the standards.
07. Certificate issuing: If you comply with the standards, the project certificate is issued.
08. Communicate your compromise: You can communicate your commitment to sustainability to your investors and clients, even before the project completion.