FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Value Chain Development Manager – Solid Wood, who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
To manage the development of sustainable value chains and increase the uptake and awareness of FSC by driving value chain strategy. Based on market intelligence, the incumbent develops and transforms value chains by targeting key players and collaborating with them to implement effective action plans.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To define Solid Wood Value Chains (Tropical Timber, Construction, Furniture) development strategy and goals.
- To map supply chain from forest area to consumer market.
- To initiate, drive and manage value chain development activities and the development of FSC action plans for priority value chains, in collaboration with relevant value chain players.
- To coordinate and produce value chain specific marketing and communication materials in collaboration with the responsible departments.
- To identify and manage external and internal communication channels with relevant value chains (e.g. events, campaigns, market news articles, intranet, customer relation management system).
- To manage the implementation and coordination of partnerships/ relationships between FSC and relevant value chain players.
- To coordinate key account relations across other FSC programs globally.
- To represent FSC at market related events.
- Additional Tasks as agreed with the Value Chain Development Programme Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University degree in a relevant field or equivalent (e.g. Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Forest Products, Public Relations). An MBA would be advantageous.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 5 years of management or consulting experience in one or more of the following: sales/market/business strategy, global market development, strategic key account management and/or related fields.
- Proven track record in managing value chain partnerships, working on sustainability in supply chains and/or value chain development.
- Experience in leading cross-functional project teams and managing complex projects.
- Experience in working with international organisations and international project teams.
- Knowledge of tropical forest/construction/furniture industry, market, value chain, and trends is a plus.
- Experience in forest-based industries would be an advantage.
- Budget management.
- Networking skills.
- Strategic thinking and business mindset.
- Good time management skills: ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of functions.
- Service and solution-oriented attitude to work.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills that contribute to cohesive team efforts and decision making.
- Active-listening skills.
- Standard software packages (Microsoft Office).
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) systems.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Other language proficiency is a plus (e.g. German, Spanish,…).
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years contract (extension possible, subject to satisfactory performance).
- Sporadic travels.
What We Offer
You will be working for a truly diverse organization: a melting pot of 40+ nationalities under one roof sharing in the mission of protecting the world’s forests.
In addition to social events and complementary tea/coffee you might expect some of FSC’s highlight benefits include sponsoring language classes, LinkedIn Learning access, Kindergarten support, and public transportation fees.
Based in the Rhine Valley and within an hour to Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands, there’s plenty to explore with 30 days of vacation and flexible working hours.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 2nd February 2022 at 21:59h (CET).
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!