FSC International partners with FSC Investments and Partnerships (FSC I&P), is based in Seattle, WA.
FSC I&P is part of the FSC family of independent offices worldwide and is a public charity. Given its location on the West Coast of North America, it has collaborated closely with FSC International and the Technology Information Unit (TIU) located in Bonn on successful fundraising efforts with the technology sector. FSC I&P has been active in program design and implementation with the TIU team.
We are looking for an engaged Senior Technology Officer.
TIU’s Chief Information Officer will manage the Senior Technology Officer remotely, and the successful applicant will be employed by FSC I&P in the United States. The position is based in Seattle.
Reporting to the FSC Global Chief Information Officer, the Senior Technology Officer is responsible for the continuous engagement and outreach that drive new technology partnerships, services, and platforms. S/he is the direct interface between FSC Technology Operations programs and strategic technology partners and sponsors, nurturing relationships with the objective to sustain, support, and enhance FSC’s digital strategy, solution designs, and platform adoption.
As such, the Senior Technology Officer is a trusted partner and has the thorough understanding of enterprise technology platforms and data-rich IT infrastructure, as well as the extensive skills in R&D and emerging technologies. S/he will support the CIO in the continuous development, communication, implementation, monitoring and adaptive management of strategic IT and critical strategic results to ensure execution and contribution, supporting FSC’s vision and mission and leading to the achievement organizational objectives.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To generate, communicate, and support the execution of strategic IT initiatives critical to fulfilling the short, mid and long-term success of FSC.
- To design and drive processes in alignment with approved strategies to drive change and strategic execution.
- To leverage knowledge management, information technology and communications to design and drive change and strategic execution.
- To support the CIO in the design and organization of the Technology and Information portfolio aligned to FSC´s strategic objectives and contribution to impact and outcomes.
- To coordinate with the FSC Investments and Partnerships to manage Technology and Information grants and fundraising efforts.
- To support grant management, including reporting and analysis on impact and progress.
- To identify, support and engage strategic IT partners to further liaise and negotiate partnership and alliance agreements and strategic affiliations that generate and augment opportunities to enable delivery of development outcomes.
- To enhance the overall quality of IT decision making, taking special care to ensure relevant facts and information are considered, feasible alternatives gauged, and clear logic and analysis is employed in strategy development.
- To lead by example, cultivate relationships, and build trust in order to promote the organizational values and culture of technology excellence, security, and trust.
- To act as FSC’s IT liaison to and on behalf of the CIO with technology providers, funders, and partners.
- To provide reports and regular updates to the CIO on progress of digital innovation projects, relationships, grants, and technology strategic priorities as required.
- To support the CIO in strategy development, funding coordination, internal and external communications, and advocacy for FSC Technology and Information.
- To work with the CIO and managers of Technology Programs to develop Technology and Information performance which are technically sound, and connected to strategy implementation, strategic learning and decision making.
- To support reporting and analysis needs related to results.
- To assess and recommend opportunities for synergies and for addressing gaps in the overall technology agenda.
- To lead strategic technology partnership planning, prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as an Information Technology relationship management professional, and at least 5 years’ experience in IT-related grant management.
- Familiarity with a broad range of technologies supplemented by in-depth knowledge in specific areas of relevance, specifically Dynamics 365 and Salesforce.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and quickly grasp how new technologies work and how they can be applied to achieve business goals.
- Analytical skills that enable synthesis of inputs from many sources.
- Interpersonal skills that create openness and trust among colleagues, and which create and engender trust and transparency in all relationships.
- Facilitation and conflict management skills that enable effective working relationships.
- Spoken and written communications that are compelling, convincing and reassuring, and skills to articulate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation/mediation skills.
- Proactive orientation to customer service; excellent judgment and self-motivation; demonstrated ability to establish priorities among competing demands.
- Track record of success in priority setting in a complex organizational setting.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and diplomacy as part of a global team effort, in a multicultural and multi-institutional/stakeholder environment.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Seattle, United States of America.
- Working Hours: Full time.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years.
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
How to apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!