In the early 1990s, an international group of leaders in business, human rights, and the environment came together to develop standards for managing forests. These visionaries were responding to the many dire threats to the world’s forests and in 1994, the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®), the world’s leading and most robust forest certification system, was established.
FSC Investments & Partnerships is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) non-profit established in 2016 with a commitment to dramatically accelerate the profile of FSC’s work, highlight its urgency, and fund its ambition to steward the world’s forests. Its goal is to accelerate the engagement and contributions of individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies around the world.
FSC’s Chief Information Officer will manage the Senior Technology Officer remotely, and the successful applicant will be employed by FSC I&P in the United States. The position is based in Seattle.
Are you passionate about the potential of data, emerging technologies, and cutting-edge platforms to address the challenges our planet faces today? We are looking for a visionary leader in technology and digital solutions to help bring about a digital transformation of sustainable forest management and certification within FSC. Reporting to the FSC Global Chief Information Officer, the Senior Technology Officer is responsible for driving new technology partnerships, services, and platforms through continuous engagement and outreach. S/he is the direct interface between the FSC Technology and Information Unit (TIU) and strategic technology partners and sponsors, nurturing relationships with the objective to sustain, support, and enhance FSC’s digital strategy, solution designs, and platform adoption.
The Senior Technology Officer is a trusted partner and has the thorough understanding of enterprise technology platforms and data-rich IT infrastructure, as well as the extensive skills in R&D and emerging technologies. S/he will support the CIO in the continuous development, communication, implementation, monitoring and adaptive management of strategic IT and critical strategic results supporting FSC’s vision and mission.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Support FSC’s Digital Transformation
- Support the CIO in the design and execution of strategic IT initiatives within the TIU portfolio which fulfill the short, mid and long-term success of FSC and are aligned with FSC’s strategic objectives. Generate, communicate, and support these initiatives by designing and driving streamlined processes.
- Leverage knowledge management, information technology and communications for the strategic execution of FSC’s technology objectives.
- Lead strategic technology planning, prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
Drive new partnership opportunities
- Identify, support and engage strategic IT partners to further liaise and negotiate partnerships, alliances, and strategic affiliations that generate and augment opportunities to deliver development outcomes.
- Coordinate with FSC Investments and Partnerships to manage Technology and Information grants, fundraising efforts, and grant management, including reporting and analysis on impact and progress.
- Act as FSC’s IT liaison to and on behalf of the CIO with technology providers, funders, and partners.
Lead within FSC’s Technology and Information Unit
- Enhance the overall quality of IT decision making, taking special care to ensure relevant facts and information are considered, feasible alternatives gauged, and clear logic and analysis is employed in strategy development.
- Provide reports, regular updates, and analysis related to results to the CIO on progress of digital innovation projects, relationships, grants, and technology strategic priorities as required.
- Work with the CIO and managers of Technology Programs to develop Technology and Information performance indicators which are technically sound, and connected to strategy implementation, strategic learning and decision making.
- Assess and recommend opportunities for synergies and for addressing gaps in the overall technology agenda.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as an Information Technology relationship management professional, and at least 5 years’ experience in IT-related grant management.
- Familiarity with a broad range of technologies supplemented by in-depth knowledge in specific areas of relevance, specifically Dynamics 365 and Salesforce.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and quickly grasp how new technologies work and how they can be applied to achieve business goals.
- Analytical skills that enable synthesis of inputs from many sources.
- Interpersonal skills that create openness and trust among colleagues, and which create and engender trust and transparency in all relationships.
- Facilitation and conflict management skills that enable effective working relationships.
- Spoken and written communications that are compelling, convincing and reassuring, and skills to articulate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation/mediation skills.
- Proactive orientation to customer service; excellent judgment and self-motivation; demonstrated ability to establish priorities among competing demands.
- Track record of success in priority setting in a complex organizational setting.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and diplomacy as part of a global team effort, in a multicultural and multi-institutional/stakeholder environment.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Seattle, United States of America
- Working Hours: Full time
- Duration of Employment: 2 years
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to apply
- Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!