FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Programme Manager Supply Chain Integrity, who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
To lead the System Integrity program by ensuring the integrity and credibility of the FSC system through supporting measures to prevent and address the occurrence of false claims and fraud. As a senior member of the System Integrity Team he/she will contribute to the delivery of targeted solutions and communications on activities to address FSC system integrity.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage team of Supply Chain Integrity Managers.
- Coordinate with FSC Network Partners, ASI and FSC staff to address supply chain integrity issues.
- Provide inputs to supply chain integrity communications and supply chain integrity communication plan.
- Support crisis communications for supply chain integrity activities.
- Oversee the piloting and introduction of new technologies and tools to Supply Chain Integrity (incl. blockchain, Wood ID, risk-based interventions).
- Lead, assign to SCI Managers and quality control supply chain integrity investigations.
- Build and maintain effective contacts and good relations with key stakeholders in SCI (including those affected by relevant normative documents, new procedures, etc.).
- Oversee and foster collaboration (including knowledge sharing) with colleagues for the purpose of continuous system improvement.
- Lead ASI investigation work planning and negotiations.
- Any other task as assigned by formal supervisor and project work as assigned according to special organizational needs.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University/technical college degree or equivalent training or experience in a relevant field.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Background in environmental science, forensic investigation, forestry, social policy an asset.
- Training in or experience with Communications/ FSC Certification are assets.
- Sound project management experience.
- Experience in writing, reviewing, revising, and/or editing technical documents, making them light and user-friendly by using the appropriate style and terminology.
- Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of functions.
- Experience in managing people is an asset
- Good skills in the use of/experience with: Standard software packages (MS Office).
Language and Communication Skills:
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of Spanish, French, Russian or Chinese is a plus.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills that contribute to cohesive team efforts and decision making.
What We Offer
You will be working for a truly diverse organization: a melting pot of 40+ nationalities under one roof sharing in the mission of protecting the world’s forests.
In addition to social events and complementary tea/coffee you might expect some of FSC’s highlight benefits include sponsoring language classes, LinkedIn Learning access, Kindergarten support, and public transportation fees.
Based in the Rhine Valley and within an hour to Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands, there’s plenty to explore with 30 days of vacation and flexible working hours.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 6 February 2022 at 21:59h (CET).
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!