FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Program Manager (Data and Innovations), who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
You will be a leader in FSC’s Technology and Information team achieving significant impact for our world’s forests. FSC continuously innovates and transforms in many areas of our organization, and our technology work paves the way to future success and sustainability. We are cutting edge with cloud infrastructure, constituent engagement, Blockchain, GIS, data and analytics, as well as core platforms and Apps, and we work with prestigious IT organizations – Microsoft, Tableau Foundation, DocuSign, Esri, and many more – to ensure the highest value and most tangible benefits that Information Technology can deliver.
To lead the Data and Innovations Program of the Technology and Information Unit. To ensures the design, development, communication, implementation, monitoring and adaptive management from strategic data and technology innovations, including analytics for FSC evaluation and learning with critical results in Geographic Information Systems and Earth Observation, Wood Identification (Wood ID) technologies and Blockchain technology to ensure execution and contribution towards the achievement of FSC’s vision, mission and organizational objectives.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To provide leadership and expertise in complex and specialized, modern data-centric technologies, including Earth Observation and Geographic Information Systems, Data analytics for FSC monitoring and evaluation, Wood ID and Blockchain.
- To engage strategic partners in technology to negotiate and manage partnerships, alliances and strategic affiliations that generate or augment opportunities to enable delivery of FSC strategic outcomes.
- To lead the Data and Innovations team to identify and quickly grasp how new technologies should be designed, implemented, and applied to achieve business goals.
- To support the CIO in establishing institutional effectiveness and efficiency goals by adjusting or creating policies, and procedures to meet or exceed business objectives.
- To design and drive processes in the Data and Innovations program aligned with agreed institutional strategies to drive change and strategic execution.
- To provide leadership to leverage knowledge management, information technology and communications to design and drive change and strategic execution.
- To continuously lead the development of the Data and Innovations department’s analytical skills to enable synthesis of inputs from many sources and allow for strategic thinking and tactical implementation.
- To provide analytics and reports for FSC monitoring and evaluation.
- To act with leadership that generates, communicates, supports and/or executes strategic initiatives critical to fulfilling the short, mid and long-term success of FSC.
- To stay abreast with a broad range of technologies to enhance by in-depth knowledge in specific areas of relevant data and information management and analytics.
- Additional Tasks as agreed with the formal supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University degree in a relevant field, for example, Data Science, GIS, Earth Observation, International Relations, Business Administration, Natural Resource Management, and/or Forest Management respectively.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in one or more of the following: GIS management, innovation technologies, and/or management consulting, including people management.
- Technical product management experience including management of ideation to launch of innovation technologies via software, apps, and Web technology products.
- Familiarity with a broad range of technologies supplemented by in-depth knowledge in specific areas of relevance.
- Supporting expertise in complex and specialized, modern technologies.
- Ability to identify and quickly grasp how new technologies work and how they can be applied to achieve business goals.
- Analytical skills that enable synthesis of inputs from many sources to provide for strategic thinking and tactical implementation.
- Proactive orientation to customer service; excellent judgment and self-motivation.
- Track record of success in priority setting in a complex organizational setting.
- Superior interpersonal, consultative and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and diplomacy as part of a global team effort, in a multicultural and multi-institutional/stakeholder environment.
- Several years of experience in supervising staff teams.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken),
- Working knowledge of German and Spanish is a plus but not a requirement.
- Interpersonal skills that create openness and trust among colleagues, and which create and engender trust and transparency in all relationships.
- Facilitation and management skills that enable effective working relationships.
- Spoken and written communications that are compelling, convincing and reassuring, and skills to articulate complex technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Working Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Duration of Employment: 2 years contract
What we offer
You will be working for an organization with colleagues from more than 35 countries from all over the world.
Depending on your experience and qualifications the yearly gross salary will be between in the following range: 56,000 to 67,000 €
You can drink as much organic fair-trade coffee or tea as you like for free. You can even choose between real milk or its plant-based counterparts. Once COVID-19 allows this again we will revive our annual summer BBQ and X-Mas party. You may also benefit from our Kindergarten support of up to 300 € and of our monthly contribution of 40 € to the job ticket.
You can work remotely at least once per week and we also provide flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation, a day off on Rose Monday, and half a day each on Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 02 November 2021.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!