FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Marketing Officer who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
We are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Marketing Officer to join our growing organization. In this position on the global marketing team, you will use your expertise to develop, establish and maintain B2B/B2C marketing efforts to meet organizational objectives thereby directly contributing to FSC’s mission to help protect the world’s forests.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Support in developing campaign concepts and plan promotional campaigns across paid, owned, and earned channels.
- Plan, orchestrate and deliver a variety of marketing tactics (e.g., sales collateral, webinars, event management, social media, lead generation campaigns, video marketing, presentations, etc.).
- Undertake market research and establish the best way to reach B2B and B2C audiences.
- Coordinate with outside agencies, for example designers, to produce marketing material such as campaigns or web pages.
- Liaise and build relationships with FSC network offices as well as external partners including subcontractors, agencies and stakeholders to promote success of activities and enhance FSC’s brand presence.
- Analyse the impact of marketing campaigns and prepare measurement reports.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University degree in marketing, strategic communication, business, or related field.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the marketing, communications, and branding space.
- Direct experience managing marketing and communications initiatives.
- Deep commitment to responsible forestry and/or broad sustainability in alignment with FSC’s mission.
- Good time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Excellent organizational skills – proven detail orientation with project management and meeting deadlines.
- Natural and highly effective collaborator with ability to drive results through teamwork and establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and effective communication.
- Good verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
- The ability to facilitate interactive discussions and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Writing skills: among the key skills a Marketing Officer needs to have is the ability to write, edit and proofread copy. The medium will be varied but requires engaging copy to successfully convey marketing messages.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Proficiency in another language a plus.
- Competence with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills).
- Familiarity with CMS platforms (WordPress, etc.) is a plus.
- Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop or other Design Software or Platform is a plus.
What We Offer
You will be working for a truly diverse organization: a melting pot of 40+ nationalities under one roof sharing in the mission of protecting the world’s forests.
In addition to social events and complementary tea/coffee you might expect some of FSC’s highlight benefits include sponsoring language classes, LinkedIn Learning access, Kindergarten support, and public transportation fees.
Based in the Rhine Valley and within an hour to Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands, there’s plenty to explore with 30 days of vacation and flexible working hours.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of contract: The position is limited for 2 years with the possibility for extension.
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Travel: Sporadic travel is required.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 10 November 2021 at 21:59 CET.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!