FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Marketing Manager who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
We are seeking a motivated Marketing Manager to join our growing organization. In this position on the global marketing team, you will use your expertise to develop, establish and maintain B2B/B2C marketing efforts to meet organizational objectives thereby directly contributing to FSC’s mission to help protect the world’s forests.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal and external support and driving collaboration.
- To plan, create and oversee the design, content, and production of marketing materials.
- To think creatively and resourcefully about budget and time-efficient tactics that will raise awareness of FSC and its mission across a diverse set of audiences.
- To innovate campaign activities across paid, owned, and earned channels (e.g., content creation/curation, webinars, event management, social media, lead generation campaigns, performance analysis, ambassadors, video).
- To build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies, and vendors.
- To evaluate effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis and optimise accordingly.
- To solicit, summarize and present feedback from internal and external stakeholders on individual campaigns, programs and/or initiatives.
- Additional tasks as agreed with the Marketing Programme Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University degree in marketing, strategic communication, business, or related field.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 6 years of professional experience in marketing for highly respected organisation(s), ideally with client facing experience.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing discipline including B2B campaigns, partner communications, web, and social media.
- Deep commitment to responsible forestry and/or broad sustainability in alignment with FSC’s mission.
- Good time management skills: Ability to drive results within agreed timelines and perform well while handling concurrent projects.
- Self-starter who can work independently as part of an international team.
- Natural and highly effective collaborator with ability to drive results through teamwork.
- Open-minded and communicative personality with a high degree of market orientation.
- Service and solution-oriented attitude to work.
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and effective communication.
- Strong written communication and editing skills.
- Exemplary verbal skills that create cohesive team efforts and support decision making.
- The ability to facilitate interactive discussions and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Writing skills: excellent ability to write, edit and proofread copy.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Proficiency in another language a plus.
- Competence with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills).
- Familiarity with CMS platforms (WordPress, etc.) is a plus.
What We Offer
You will be working for a truly diverse organization: a melting pot of 40+ nationalities under one roof sharing in the mission of protecting the world’s forests.
In addition to social events and complementary tea/coffee you might expect some of FSC’s highlight benefits include sponsoring language classes, LinkedIn Learning access, Kindergarten support, and public transportation fees.
Based in the Rhine Valley and within an hour to Belgium, Luxembourg and The Netherlands, there’s plenty to explore with 30 days of vacation and flexible working hours.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of contract: The position is limited for 2 years with the possibility for extension.
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Travel: Sporadic travel is required.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 10 November 2021 at 21:59 CET.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!