FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged IT Infrastructure Officer (m/f/d), who will provide support and maintenance of corporate IT infrastructure to FSC users across the world and associated third parties.
You will diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software networks, as well as the issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training and support where required.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and IT Assets.
- Manage security hardware and software solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Support and administer all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Support and administer IT Systems e.g., Hyper-V, VMware, Phone System (PBX), Cloud-based Services.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform server/network improvements, upgrades, and repairs, as agreed with the supervisor.
- Install, configure, and support new and existing servers and network infrastructure.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Ensure maintenance of the IT assets database for all IT equipment, and/or software in accordance with organization and department operational policies and procedures.
- Support and contribute to service and infrastructure improvement initiatives.
- Resolve incidents/problems, taking action and updating tickets the ITSM System.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Any other task as assigned by formal supervisor and project work as assigned according to special organizational needs.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent training or experience in a relevant field, for example, IT infrastructure management, IT Systems, IT Networks.
- CISCO certification a plus.
- Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in similar position.
- Demonstrated probing and analytical approach with the ability to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies in IT Environment.
- Solutions and service-oriented attitude to work.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Proactive team player.
- Computer Skills:
- Strong demonstration with hands-on experience with Microsoft Office 365, Azure Cloud Services and Virtualization technologies.
- Familiarity with systems development life cycle methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS, as well as Active Directory/Global Catalogue.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, networking technologies and concepts.
- Good understanding of PowerShell scripting (Desirable).
- Language and Communication Skills:
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- German is a plus.
- Customer service oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to convey information clearly to users and grasp perceived difficulties.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of Employment: Temporary contract - 2 years (extension possible).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 25 May 2022.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!