Latest consumer research shows that more than 50% of global consumers recognize the FSC logo. This assignment offers the opportunity to work with the famous FSC trademarks to achieve FSC´s mission of Forests For All Forever. Together with our stakeholders we want to move the market to more sustainable practices, with the FSC trademarks being a vehicle and incentive for change.
We are looking for an experienced FSC Trademark Services Specialist (Consultant) to help the Trademark Management team over 4 to 6 months. Together we want to advance the visibility and correct use of the FSC trademarks in line with the strategic goals of the organization and provide trademark related services for companies in forest product value chains.
- Advanced knowledge of the FSC trademark use requirements for certificate holders (FSC-STD-50-001).
- Experience in working with FSC trademark user groups (certificate holders, promotional licence holders, certification bodies).
- Good knowledge of the FSC certification system, including at least basic knowledge of FSC’s chain of custody system and the responsibilities of certification bodies.
- Very good English writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the following is a plus:
FSC’s trademark use requirements for promotional licence holders; roles and responsibilities of FSC trademark service providers; experience in market development, with retailers and e-commerce.
Description of Tasks
- Manage and respond to incoming enquiries of trademark use cases
- Guide FSC certificate holders and certification bodies in finding solutions to label and promote FSC certified products.
- Work with members of the trademark management team and other teams to find solutions if necessary.
- Coordinate responses by other team members.
- Provide tailored support to clients in strategic sectors.
- Develop interpretations to FSC-STD-50-001.
- Management of trademark related projects and processes such as the revamp of the trademark portal, the development or review of trademark use guidance materials, the update of the Trademark Registration List.
- Support the trademark standard revision process.
- Communication and information sharing with internal and external audiences including the Markets and Communication Unit (MCU), the FSC Network or certification bodies.
Deliverables / Timelines
- Trademark use enquiries managed and responded within agreed timelines.
- Involved trademark management and other teams’ members as required to find trademark use solutions.
- Assigned projects managed according to an agreed plan.
- Information shared with internal and external audiences as agreed with the Program Manager.
- Participation in team calls and other relevant meetings / calls.
Terms and Conditions
- Duration: 4 to 6 months (consultancy contract).
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- Location: Bonn/Germany or remote working.
- Working hours: Full time / 40h per week (part-time arrangements are possible).
How to Apply
Please send us your application via email to email@example.com with the subject: "Your_Name_Surname - FSC Trademark Services Specialist (Consultant)".
Please provide us your portfolio, CV or any other document represent's your achievements.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 19 May 2022
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!