To manage and support the building of databases, interface building and programming.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To develop, manage and upgrade the Database management systems used to capture, store and analyze data.
- To develop applications for different projects and review existing code and applications.
- To develop user-interfaces (including web-interface) for gathering various types of data collected by FSC.
- To analyze user requirements and, design functional specifications for client/server databases and applications.
- To set-up, maintain and continuously develop the CI/CD infrastructure with Git repositories.
- To design and develop schema.
- To support building effective API integrations between different platforms and databases.
- To write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of related Web applications as necessary.
- To perform tests on new and existing applications and platforms to debug and fix errors while identifying areas for improvement.
- To assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- To assist in the development and update of user manuals and guidelines.
- Additional Tasks as assigned by formal supervisor and project work as assigned for special organizational needs.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Education and Training:
- University or technical college degree in a relevant field, e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology and Information Systems or Information Science.
- Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience (programming, system and/or software development).
- System analysis and strong problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously several administrative and support functions.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Service and solution-oriented attitude to work.
- Proactiveness and high level of engagement.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Fluency in Spanish (spoken and written) is a plus.
- Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite, Visio, MS Project, and Office 365.
- Microsoft Dynamics.
- Salesforce (desirable).
- Databases: Relational database design/management, SQL queries, Ms SQL Server, Postgres (PostGIS), MySQL.
- Cloud Services: Amazon Web Serives, Azure.
- Mobile App Development (desirable).
- GIS and RS software are a plus.
- Communication Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex topics to a non-professional audience.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years.
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
How to apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!