The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is the world's most trusted forest certification system. We're looking for an exceptional communicator to run our global communications.
Working in a small 3-person team, and reporting to the global Communications Director, the Communications Programme Manager works to drive FSC's communications with business, consumers and other stakeholders.
The responsibilities and tasks as Communications Programme Manager include in particular:
- Leading the development of project-, programme- or topic-related communications plans, in line with FSC’s global vision.
- Supporting the development and implementation of a global communications strategy.
- Developing, implementing and assessing annual work plans for staff of the Communications Programme.
- Collaborating effectively with other MCU programmes to support the delivery of joint projects, specifically with Value Chain Development and Marketing programmes to support the planning and execution of promotional campaigns
- Providing expertise and resources to internal and external stakeholders (network partners, other strategic stakeholders, and units of FSC International) to implement communications plans for all audiences.
- Leading the development of communications collateral, including brochures, videos and podcasts.
- Overseeing the development, production and distribution of all newsletters and core publications, such as the annual report.
- Writing and editing and edit a variety of content from website content and social media posts to brochure texts and narrative stories
- Leading FSC’s story-telling programme, including the identification of stories, management of staff collecting stories, and placement and amplification of stories. This includes close collaboration with FSC’s media team.
- Leading the development and implementation of a global social media strategy, including growing the engagement rate of our posts.
- Leading the development of communications and related skills of staff of the Communications Programme.
- Additional Tasks as assigned by the Communications Director.
- University (bachelor or masters) degree in a relevant field (e.g. communications, marketing, journalism, public relations).
- At least 8 years’ professional experience in communications work related to the roles and responsibilities of this position.
- Good time management skills: ability to perform well while handling a number of functions simultaneously.
- Experience in implementation of communications strategies, including crisis communication strategies.
- Extensive experience working in collaboration with marketing, sales, business development and other communications functions within an established unit/organisation.
- Solution and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to plan and organise work.
- Leadership: at least two years’ experience in supervising project teams.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), at mother-tongue level. Spanish is a plus. Other language(s) would be a plus.
- Excellent skills in the use of standard software packages (MS Office).
- Communication Skills: exemplary verbal and written communication skills; excellent story-telling skills; ability to facilitate interactive discussions; ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Starting Date: 1st October 2020 or as soon as possible.
- Working Hours: Full-time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of contract: The position is limited for 2 years with the possibility for extension.
- Travel: The position includes sporadic travel.
How to apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV in English.
- Please indicate your gross salary expectation.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself, including as a picture on your CV.
- Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.