The Communications Manager Latin America conveys the FSC brand, messages and values to maximize the impact of communication and communication tools for all stakeholder audiences by planning, organizing, coordinating and implementing successful and consistent communications strategies across all channels across the region.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To develop a regional communications strategy, in line with FSC’s global vision and FSC’s global communications strategy, and in consultation with FSC’s global Communications Director.
- To develop printed and digital material for information and promotional purposes across the region.
- To write and disseminate media releases, articles, editorials, etc.
- To develop and maintain content for websites, social media and corporate communications material, on an ongoing basis.
- To provide communications support to the Latin America offices of FSC.
- To development and manage a media engagement strategy.
- To liaise with the global communications team, including taking part of strategy development meetings and providing input (in the form of a Latin American perspective) into various global communications projects.
- To manage the output of all communications-related service providers in Latin America.
- To lead the organization of all internal communication channels with the network of FSC offices in Latin America.
- To provide communications support to regional events.
- To support colleagues to launch B2B communication campaigns.
- Additional tasks as agreed with the Latin America Regional Director.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Education and Training:
- University (Bachelor or Master) degree in a relevant field (e.g. Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations).
- Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in communications work related to the roles and responsibilities of this position, in Latin America (preferably across several countries).
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling a number of functions simultaneously.
- Experience in implementation of communications strategies, including media engagement strategies, and during times of crisis.
- Solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience working in a corporate environment would be beneficial.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to work independently, and deliver agreed actions on time and on budget
- Mother tongue fluency in Spanish (spoken and written).
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is essential.
- Fluency in Portuguese would be a plus.
- Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Excellent skills in the use of standard software packages (e.g. MS Office).
- Communication Skills:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, including copy writing and media release writing.
- Experience in working with the media.
- Experience in developing and implementing social media strategies.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Permission to work and live in Peru.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: FSC Offices in Lima, Peru.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of Employment: Temporary contract - 2 years (extension possible).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Travel: Sporadic travel is required.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!