Reporting to the FSC Chief Marketing Officer, the Chief Climate and Ecosystem Services Officer (CCEO) is responsible for leading FSC’s climate and ecosystem services programmes and strategies - across a diverse team, with direct reports as well as cross-functional members – to ensure viable solutions responding to the global climate challenge.
The ideal candidate is a systems-thinker with breadth of knowledge to understand diverse stakeholder perspectives; and a compelling communicator who can build consensus around new ideas and concepts to implement viable climate and ecosystem services strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction for the development and execution of FSC’s climate and ecosystem services strategies and programmes
- Develop and implement FSC’s climate and ecosystem services solutions based on an assessment of stakeholders’ needs and FSC’s current offerings, and adopting a commercial value perspective
- Oversee the resources, work planning, and budget decisions for the climate and ecosystem services programme
- Promote FSC’s climate and ecosystem services solutions to relevant commercial stakeholders and represent FSC at relevant events
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in a fast-paced, high value-add top tier consulting environment
- OR 5-10 years of specific leadership experience in a relevant field such as corporate sustainability, Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) initiatives, sustainable investment, environmental economics
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and conceptual skills
- Excellent understanding of economic and commercial principles
- Substantial experience in complex governance and multi-stakeholder environments
- Ability to work collaboratively and in cooperation with diverse stakeholders on sensitive issues, while maintaining balance and the solid aptitude to manage and respond to divergent views
- Demonstrated ability to effectively oversee complex management initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills to support compelling, convincing and reassuring messages, and specifically, ones that articulate complex technical concepts to multiple stakeholders
- High level of motivation to work with efficiency, flexibility and diplomacy under tight deadlines and pressure, both autonomously and as leader of a team
- Advanced university degree
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years (extension possible)
- Starting Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 26th of August 2020.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!