Validation of a proposal for a FSC Continuous Improvement Scheme for smallholder and community certification in Latin America.
Janja Eke; firstname.lastname@example.org
Vera Santos; email@example.com
- PRO-01-001 V3-1 Development and Revision of FSC Normative Documents
- FSC Global Strategic Plan 2015–2020
- FSC Implementation Plan (i.e. Action 15)
- Stepwise Approaches Discussion Paper
Collect ideas and inputs to generate recommendations for FSC on how to integrate and implement ‘continuous improvement’ in the FSC system for certification of forests managed by smallholders and communities.
- Collect ideas and opinions for the definition of smallholders and communities.
- Analyze the FSC criteria and define critical criteria and criteria of continuous improvement.
- Know the proposals for a timeline and the stages of a continuous improvement scheme.
At the 2017 General Assembly in Vancouver, Canada, the membership approved Motion 46 that recommended the New Approaches project to conduct several pilot projects in selected countries, to assess the feasibility of different approaches that can improve uptake and maintenance of certification by smallholders and communities.
No technical working group will be formed. The consultation process will be carried out in 7 countries with the existing National Standards Development Groups, and in Central America with the Sub-regional Standard Development Group, which includes 4 countries: Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
Additionally, in each country, a smallholder group or community was chosen for a second consultation workshop.