Requirements to incorporate the ILO generic criteria and indicators into the Chain of Custody standards (ILO CoC Project)
Develop consistent and feasible accreditation and certification requirements for Chain of Custody according to the approved generic criteria and indicators based on ILO Core Conventions.
At their August 2017 meeting, the Board of Directors (BoD) adopted the historical decision to approve the incorporation of the generic criteria and indicators based on ILO Core Conventions into the Chain of Custody Standards (FSC-STD-20-011 and FSC-STD-40-004). This decision also considered the necessity of development a solid plan for the implementation, including training materials, stakeholders engagement and communication efforts. This decision meets the strategic alignment to strengthen the protection of workers’ rights in all FSC System. The BoD decision can be accessed here.
- Apolinar Z. Tolentino, BWI;
- Jeanette Clarke, Forest & People;
- Joana dos Guimarães Sá, APCER Portuguese Association for Certification;
- Renato Pasqual, IMAFLORA;
- Patrick Spencer, Cork Forest Conservation Alliance;
- Stefan Marculewicz, American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA)