Pilot testing Type III group model
Lauri Ilola; firstname.lastname@example.org
Vera Santos; email@example.com
- FSC Global Strategic Plan 2015–2020
- FSC Implementation Plan (Actions 1, 6, 7, 8 and 11)
- Motion GA2017/46
- To assess the feasibility of including forestry contractors into the FSC group certification framework.
- To identify impacts of this proposed new solution to FSC certification processes.
- To provide input into the revision processes of FSC Standard for Group Entities in Forest Management Groups (FSC-STD-30-005) and Forest management evaluations (FSC-STD-20-007) respectively.
At the 2017 General Assembly in Vancouver, Canada, the membership approved Motion 46 with a focus on developing new solutions, including new ideas not currently contemplated in the FSC normative framework and system. Specifically the inclusion of forestry contractors into the FSC certification framework.
There are four pilot participating certificate holders. The countries where the pilot testing is implemented are Australia, Brazil, Finland and Spain.