The document provides guidance for promotional licence holders to use the FSC trademarks for the promotion of FSC-certified products and related services.
The guide can be used only from 1 June 2019, being the date when it will become effective.
The transition period for this guide is 12 months, starting from 1 June 2019 and ending on 31 May 2020.
The FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holders was previously known as the standard FSC-STD-50-002 V1-0 Requirements for promotional use of the FSC trademarks by non-certificate holders.
This revision aims to present ways of promoting FSC-certified products in an easier to approach and more visual manner.
The main content changes implemented in the revised guide are as follows:
- Introduction of simplified verification of products for promotion;
- Introduction of information on the eligibility for promotional licence;
- Introduction of guidance on how to describe FSC and products with FSC claims and on how to make basic procurement claims;
- Introduction of ecosystems services promotional claims;
- Integration of the Advice Note on the Requirements for the use of the ‘Forests For All Forever’ marks (ADVICE 50-005);
- Introduction of an internal control system as an alternative to submitting all intended uses of FSC trademarks to the trademark service provider for approval.
We have also published a crosswalk document that compares the standard FSC-STD-50-002 V1-0 with the revised guide to assist stakeholders in reviewing the changes in the guideline.
You will find a link to this document below in the section ‘Downloads’.
Click here for more information on the process.