Over the past year, with the steadily declining health of his parents, Corey has been torn by his commitment to family and the demands of leading FSC US. He found it nearly impossible to do justice to both.
The FSC US board of directors expresses its deep gratitude to Corey for his leadership, vision, and positive impact on the FSC system. During his tenure, FSC witnessed solid growth that has benefitted people, organizations, and forests across the United States.
To name just a few examples of accomplishments during his tenure, Corey oversaw the development of the first FSC US Forest Management Standard (v1.0) and the U.S. Controlled Wood National Risk Assessment. He helped create the FSC Leadership Awards to celebrate commitment to forest conservation and 2017’s “One Simple Action” campaign, which brought together a diverse set of brands and companies, including HP, International Paper, Kimberly-Clark, McDonald’s, Procter & Gamble, and Williams-Sonoma.
The FSC US board has convened a transition team to guide the organization’s search for a new US president in the coming months, including:
- Brent Davies, Ecotrust (co-chair)
- Paul Vanderford, Sustainable Northwest (co-chair)
- Sarah Billig, Mendocino Redwood Company
- Stuart Hale, The Nature Conservancy
- Mike Houser, PotlatchDeltic
- Shoana Humphries, independent consultant
- David Williams, Williams-Sonoma Inc.
- Ted Wright, Trust to Conserve Northwest Forestlands
- Maggie Abel, FSC US
- Amy Clark Eagle, FSC US
- Chris McLaren, FSC US
- Francois Dufresne, FSC Canada & FSC US
- Lieske van Santen, FSC International
As head of the national office in one of the largest forest product consumer and producer markets in the world, the next president of FSC US will be offered nearly unlimited potential for growth and impact.
The board of directors is committed to transparency and inclusiveness and welcomes suggestions and feedback. Stakeholders can reach the transition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.