For a technical working group tasked with developing a mechanism to translate the FSC Policy on Conversion into operational practices. The call for applications will be open from 15 July to 2 August 2019.
At the General Assembly 2017 in Vancouver, Canada, the membership approved Motion 7 which required that FSC puts in place a mechanism, building upon previous work, which will develop a holistic policy on conversion. To address Motion 7, FSC has split the process into two parts:
- A chamber-balanced working group to develop a holistic policy on conversion, and
- A technical working group to focus on the implementation of the policy.
The chamber-balanced working group is finalizing the first draft of the policy on conversion, and FSC plans to launch the first public consultation to comment on the draft policy within the months of August and September 2019.
FSC is now seeking candidates for the technical working group to work on the implementation of the policy. The ideal applicant should demonstrate the following knowledge and expertise:
- Compensation mechanisms for forests and non-forests ecosystems (general).
- Restitution for socio-economic values including relocation and finance mechanisms (social and economic).
- Restoration and or/conservation for environmental values including forest landscape restoration and/or forest landscape watershed management (environmental).
- Up-to-date knowledge of and experience with FSC’s systems and procedures.
- Understanding of the potential impact of the changes being discussed during the process on interested or affected stakeholders.
- Understanding of and support for FSC’s mission and vision.
- Desire to seek and reach consensus on controversial issues.
- Ability to review and comment on documents submitted in English.
- Track record on successful working groups is an asset.
- Confirmed availability to actively participate in the revision process until approval of the standard.
All travel costs associated with the project will be covered by FSC. Applicants fitting this profile are asked to send their CVs, a completed application form and a cover letter that explicitly states how their previous experience can be immediately transferrable to the needs of the working group. All applications should be sent to FSC Policy Manager, Yan Li at email@example.com
For more information about the project, including background resources and the current status, click here.