Reporting to the Chief Marketing officer, the Programme Manager (Marketing) drives FSC’s B2B and consumer marketing efforts as well as marketing engagement with the FSC Network and key partners globally. The Marketing Manager works in collaboration with other MCU programmes (primarily Value Chain Development and Communications) and Network Partners.
- To oversee a broad range of marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
- To manage and coordinate activities relating to the development and implementation of FSC’s brand positioning and brand.
- To identify, develop, maintain, and disseminate tools to promote professional marketing for use by FSC’s Network Partners globally.
- To study competitors' products and services and feed into the market intelligence programme carried out at MCU.
- To build strong understanding of market dynamics and innovation, exploring ways of improving existing FSC services, and increasing market share.
- To manage the annual marketing budget effectively.
- To develop strategic marketing plan and annual workplans.
- To build a compelling value proposition for FSC and leverage this in effective marketing and campaign activities; coordinate the development of impactful marketing materials for use in key account campaigns and communications activities.
- To analyse marketing effectiveness.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- University degree in relevant subject (e.g. marketing, business studies).
- At least 8 years of professional experience in marketing for highly respected organisation(s), ideally with client facing experience.
- Proven success in developing marketing plans, strategies, budgets and forecasts that support business needs and objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing discipline including B2B campaigns, retail and in store promotions, web and social media.
- Good time management skills: Ability to drive results within agreed timelines and perform well while handling simultaneously a number of functions.
- Solution oriented attitude to work .
- Several years of experience in supervising staff teams and Project management experience.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) Proficiency in another language a plus.
- Good skills in the use of standard software packages (MS Office) and CRM (Customer Relations Management systems).
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills that create cohesive team efforts and support decision making.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Type and duration of contract: 2 years
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Starting Date: 01 December 2019 or as soon as possible
- Travel: sporadic travel within Europe.
How to apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV in English.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself, including as a picture on your CV.