You support the development, maintenance and consistent implementation of normative FSC documents, mainly in the area of Chain of Custody and Controlled Wood.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To support the development, review and revision of normative FSC documents, by undertaking, for example, the following activities for example:
- Editorial reviewing and drafting of normative documents.
- Researching of technical issues to be covered by normative documents.
- Coordinating working groups and other technical meetings.
- Preparation, coordination and monitoring of pilot tests.
- To support communication and education, including, for example:
- Developing communications, guidance and training materials related to normative documents.
- Providing advice and training to Certification Bodies, Network Partners and others throughout the FSC Network to ensure the consistent implementation of normative documents.
- Managing website content and related communications.
- To support the administration and handling of information and interpretation requests by Certification Bodies and third parties related to normative documents.
- To represent FSC externally on technical and other fora.
- To provide administrative support.
- To build and maintain effective contacts and good relations with stakeholders affected by relevant normative documents.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- University or technical college degree in a relevant field (e.g. forestry, wood technology) or equivalent.
- Training in FSC Certification, Project Management, Communications, and/or Administration are assets.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in one or more of the following: multi-stakeholder standards development processes; the forest sector; certification or corporate environmental responsibility programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work.
- Experience in writing, reviewing, revising, and/or editing technical documents making them light and user-friendly by using the appropriate style and terminology.
- Experience in providing administrative and office support
- Pro-active approach towards solving problems as they occur.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of administrative and support functions.
- Solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Administration skills.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Spanish is a plus.
- Good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Standard software packages (MS Office).
- Content Management Systems is a plus.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills that contribute to cohesive team efforts and decision making.
- Ability to facilitate interactive discussions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week (possibility to work part time)
- Type and duration of contractual arrangement: 2-year-contract with a possibility for extension
How to Apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.