The Policy Manager – Forest Manager will be part of our Performance and Standards Unit (PSU). You will manage the development and approval process of forest stewardship standards and the development and revision of other documents for the FSC Normative Framework.
Tasks and responsibilities
- To manage the processes of development and approval of forest stewardship standards development groups.
- To provide guidance and support forest stewardship standards developers.
- To conduct the technical evaluation of forest stewardship standards.
- To liaise with the Forest Network coordinator and monitor implementation of FN workplan, and with the PSU regional managers.
- To represent FSC externally in technical and other fora.
- University/technical college degree in forestry, social or environmental sciences or a related field.
- Training in Communications, FSC Certification, Project Management and/or administration are assets.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following: multi-stakeholder standards development processes, certification (including auditing), the forest sector/wood industry, or corporate environmental and social responsibility programs.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Pro-active approach towards solving problems as they occur.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate interactive discussions.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Spanish or French is a plus.
- Good time management skills as well as strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Good skills in the use of/experience with standard software packages (MS Office).
- Skills in database management platforms or Content Management Systems is a plus.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Starting Date: 1 March 2020 or as soon as possible
- Working Hours: Full-time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of contract: The position is limited for 2 years with the possibility for extension.
- Travel: the position includes sporadic travel
How to Apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV in English.
- Please indicate your gross salary expectation.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself, including as a picture on your CV