You manage the development, maintenance and consistent implementation of normative FSC documents, mainly in the area of Chain of Custody and Controlled Wood.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To manage the development, review and revision of normative FSC documents, including, for example:
- Editorial reviewing and drafting of normative documents.
- Researching of technical issues to be covered by normative documents.
- Coordinating and facilitating working groups and other technical meetings.
- Preparation, coordination and monitoring of pilot tests.
- To manage communication and education, including, for example:
- Developing communications, guidance and training materials related to normative documents.
- Providing advice and training to Certification Bodies, Network Partners and others throughout the FSC Network to ensure the consistent implementation of normative documents.
- Managing website content and related communications.
- To manage project development and administration:
- Conceptualizing projects and feasibility studies.
- Providing support in fundraising and reporting to donors.
- To ensure administration and handling information and interpretation requests related to normative documents.
- To represent FSC externally on technical and other fora.
- To build and maintain effective contacts and good relations with stakeholders affected by relevant normative documents.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- University or technical college degree in a relevant field (e.g. forestry, wood technology) or equivalent.
- Training in FSC Certification, Project Management, Communications, and/or Auditing are assets.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following: multi-stakeholder standards development processes; the forest sector; certification or corporate environmental responsibility programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work (e.g. by relevant project management experience).
- Experience in writing, reviewing, revising, and/or editing technical documents.
- Pro-active approach towards solving problems as they occur.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of ongoing project tasks.
- Solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Spanish is a plus.
- Good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Standard software packages (MS Office).
- Content Management Systems is a plus.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills that contribute to cohesive team efforts and decision making.
- Ability to facilitate interactive discussions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Starting Date: 01 October 2019.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Type and duration of contractual arrangement: 2-year-contract with a possibility for extension.
How to Apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.