Are you looking to advance you career while working with one of the world’s most trusted and influential conservation organizations?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Market Development and Communications Officer for Poland who brings solid experience and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in an exciting, multinational environment.
The FSC Poland office is based in Warsaw and is made up of 2 full time staff. With almost 7 million hectares of FSC-certified forests (around 75% of all forests in Poland), Poland is one of the leading countries for sourcing FSC-certified round wood. It is also one of the top 10 producers of furniture in the world. In order to raise public awareness of the FSC labels, representatives of FSC in Poland have been working closely with retailers to support their communications about the growing range of FSC-certified products they offer. FSC in Poland also tries to help stakeholders better understand the FSC system. With a growing number of FSC Chain of Custody certificates in Poland, providing such services is essential.
You will build on existing and create new market opportunities for FSC in Poland, supporting the promotion of the FSC system, developing the value chains and certified products that the system supports and improving FSC’s brand recognition through projects and effective B2B and B2C communications.
- Support the development and implementation of Marketing and Communication plan for Poland with the FSC Project Coordinator.
- Enable and Protect FSC’s Brand through FSC’s Trademark service (within the FSC TSP Program) – providing the service for the current licensees and pro-active development of new Trademark License Holders; developing and providing trainings to licensees and investigating potential trademark misuses.
- Develop printed and digital materials for information and promotional purposes, in partnership with market partners where appropriate opportunities exist.
- Establish FSC Poland profile in social media (focus on FB) and to maintain a constant stream of content for the social media channels.
- Plan and implement relevant meetings, events and campaigns, as agreed with the FSC Project Coordinator for Poland. This will include support in planning and organising FSC attendance and exhibition stands at consumer and trade shows; planning and organizing annual editions of FSC Friday as well as other national campaigns.
- Outreach to potential media and marketing partners.
- Support in managing the Polish website www.fsc.pl including writing content, and periodically reviewing and developing the site to reflect the changing needs of users.
- Monitoring and reporting the media coverage of FSC in Poland.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- University (Master) degree in a relevant field. • At least 2 years of professional experience in marketing and communications work.
- Experience with Social Media.
- Good time management skills: ability to perform well while handling simultaneously several functions.
- Service-oriented attitude to work, as well as a strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Fluency in English and Polish (spoken and written).
- Experience in translation of documents.
- Good skills in the use of Standard software packages (MS Office).
- Experience with any design software (e.g. InDesign) and/or Content Management Systems would be a plus.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, global team.
- Proven ability to communicate and engage with a diverse range of people.
- Well-organised. Paying attention to detail, while remaining aware of the overall mission and vision of the organisation and the contribution of this consultancy to it.
- Basic understanding of commercial supply chain concepts and market forces.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Warsaw, Poland.
- Working Hours: Part-time (50%) - 20 hours per week.
- Type and duration of contractual arrangement: Service and Licence Agreement for Consultants for 2 years with a possibility for extension.
- Starting Date: as soon as possible.
- Travel: Sporadic travel is required.
How to Apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.