Are you looking to advance you career while working with one of the world’s most trusted and influential conservation organizations?
We are looking for an active professional with a convincing track record in technical forestry management, nature conservation and/or forest products with clear insights in the opportunities and challenges for developing and implementing FSC forestry standards in Poland.
The FSC office in Poland is based in Warsaw. With almost 7 million hectares of FSC-certified forests (around 75% of all forests in Poland), Poland is one of the leading countries for sourcing FSC-certified round wood. It is also one of the top 10 producers of furniture in the world.
You will be working on behalf of FSC to promote responsible forest management in Poland under a formal service agreement. You will be responsible for all forest related issues and will act as a link between the Polish Forestry Stakeholders and FSC International.
- Support the implementation of the most recently approved FSC Polish Forest Management (FM) standard.
- Coordinate the work of the Standard Development Group to revise and update the FSC standard for Poland.
- Support the implementation of the FSC Controlled Wood System as well as its ongoing development (e.g. risk assessment updates).
- Coordinate the implementation of the FSC Pesticides Policy to national context.
- Engage with a wide range of relevant stakeholders, especially forest owners and managers with the ultimate aim of growing and enhancing FSC FM certification in Poland.
- Support and respond to questions from Polish stakeholders on FSC policies and standards (national and international).
- Identify future opportunities and challenges for FSC in the country around forestry issues and inform relevant FSC staff (nationally and internationally).
- Assess impact of FSC in forests in Poland and communicate this to target audiences.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- University degree in forestry or an equivalent combination of education/vocational training and work experience relevant for the roles and responsibilities of this function.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Sound understanding of the scope of FSC’s programmes and activities, policies and standards.
- A practical understanding of forest management in Poland.
- Understanding of commercial forest product value chain needs and market forces.
- Good time management skills: ability to perform well while handling simultaneously several functions.
- Service-oriented attitude to work, as well as a strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Fluency in English and Polish (spoken and written).
- Good skills in the use of standard software packages (MS Office).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, global team.
- Proven ability to communicate and engage with a diverse range of people.
- Commitment to FSC’s values and mission.
- Ability to represent FSC through his/her work with exemplary personal and professional authority and conduct.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Poland, preferably Warsaw but this appointment can be home-based on those days when not attending meetings.
- Working Hours: Full-time - 40 hours per week.
- Type and duration of contractual arrangement: Service and Licence Agreement for Regional Consultants - 2 years (extension possible)
- Starting Date: as soon as possible.
- Travel: Sporadic travel is required.
How to apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV in English.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself, including as a picture on your CV.