You will report to the Head of Finance, and as an experienced Financial Accountant you will contribute to the smooth operation of the finance department. You will carry out accounting activities and financial transactions in line with the principles of orderly bookkeeping.
The tasks will be varied, and you will
- Set up master data, maintain and reconcile accounts, bank details, cost centers and tax functionality in the ERP.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing invoices and payments.
- Verify, book and prepare financial transactions and payment runs in ERP as well as in the Banking System.
- Prepare the semi-annual license payments to the license holder FSC AC in Mexico.
- Prepare end of month accounts, financial reports and analysis.
- Prepare the consolidation of the FSC group and the reconciliation of the inter-company accounts of the different legal entities of the FSC group.
- Follow up and respond to internal and external enquires and questions.
- Carry out all activities related to tax declarations.
- Prepare and submit monthly payment reports to the Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Manage the year-end audit in close collaboration with the external auditor.
- Build FSC’s planning forecasting and reporting capability in conjunction with the line manager.
- Degree or Certification as financial accountant recognized in Germany, e.g. IHK, or equivalent. FSC is willing to support a candidate who would receive to earn an international accounting certification in pursuing this qualification.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in financial accounting.
- Experience in an international environment is an asset.
- Experience in (project) controlling.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of functions.
- Solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Fluency in German and English (spoken and written).
- Spanish language knowledge would be a plus.
- Good skills in the use of standard software packages (MS Office, especially in Excel).
- Ideally experience in the use of SAP Business by Design.
- Good communication skills, as well as analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany. In addition to its world-class museums, thriving cultural institutions, and easy access to the outdoors, Bonn is a family-friendly city with good schools and a solid support structure.
- Starting Date: 1 October 2019 or as soon as possible.
- Working Hours: Full-time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of contract: 2 years with the opportunity to extend.
How to Apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.