As Communications Officer you will be the go-to-person on all general and day-to-day communications matters within the Performance and Standards Unit. You will coordinate the implementation of communication plans, advise on stakeholder engagement strategies and ensure user-oriented processes, documents, communication materials and contents.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To coordinate the development and implementation of communications plans and stakeholder engagement strategies within PSU.
- To provide the necessary input into and implement relevant elements of PSU-related communications plans.
- To advise on and develop content, and other day-to-day communications materials (including updates to PSU webpages, newsletter articles, formal guidance documents).
- To review and ensure the continuous improvement of PSU normative documents and associated guidance to make them (more) user-friendly, understandable, accessible, consistent and concise.
- To draft project specific stakeholder engagement plans.
- To coordinate major engagement activities across PSU.
- To review and suggest improvements to the online consultation platform for easier participation in PSU consultation processes.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Relevant university degree (e.g. Marketing & Communications, International Relations) or equivalent training or experience.
- At least three years of relevant experience in the areas of responsible natural resource management, communications, project management, strategic planning, diplomacy or international development and cooperation.
- Experience with stakeholder engagements and multi-stakeholder communication processes.
- Excellent English (spoken and written), good command of Spanish is a plus.
- Good skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, GoToMeeting, Google Docs.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) is a plus.
- Good analytical and structuring skills.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, able to transform complex subjects into simple language.
- Active-listening skills.
- Ability to facilitate interactive discussions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views and approaches to issues relevant to the FSC program by stakeholders around the world.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Type and duration of contractual arrangement: 2-year-contract with a possibility for extension.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Starting Date: November 2019 or as soon as possible.
- Travel: Sporadic travel is required.
How to Apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself.