To provide effective and efficient administrative and communications support to the Technology and Information Unit.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To support the establishment of administrative processes in line with the needs of the unit.
- To support
- the management of contracts
- the procurement processes of the unit
- the preparation, coordination and execution of unit meetings, trainings, and phone conferences
- To make travel arrangements for unit staff.
- To process invoices and expense claims, review credit card statements.
- To assist with the administration of external service providers
- To support the communications efforts of TIU including for example
- acting as liaison person with the Communications Unit
- drafting, copy editing and editorial review of communications and outreach materials
- updating and maintaining the unit’s Web content.
- To coordinate TIU maintenance and curation of content placed on FSC Intranet and the FSC Open Knowledge Repository.
- To maintain unit information resources and databases.
- To assist with the updates of dashboards that report and summarize unit information resources.
- To serve as central point of contact of TIU for external correspondence and general enquiries.
- To carry out personal assistant tasks for the unit director.
- Any other task as agreed with the formal supervisor and project work as assigned by special organizational needs.
Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent vocational training or experience in a relevant field, for example, office administration.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in office management and/or executive support, administration and financial office support, or equivalent other exposure (e.g. internship).
- Working for an international organisation in a multi-stakeholder environment is a plus.
- Experience in creating website content is a plus.
Style and Skills:
- Strong organizational and administration skills.
- Writing and number skills.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling a number of administrative and support functions simultaneously.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work.
- Proactive and problem-solving attitude.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) and German (spoken and written).
- Fluency in Spanish (spoken and written) is a plus.
- Good skills in the use of/experience with: Standard software packages (MS Office).
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Starting Date: 1st June 2020 or as soon as possible.
- Working Hours: Full-time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of contract: Parental Leave Replacement for 14 months.
How to Apply
- Please fill in the form below and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
- Submit your CV in English.
- Please indicate your gross salary expectation.
- Please do not send any photos of yourself, including as a picture on your CV.