Once FSC has taken the decision to create or revise a normative document, we announce our intention to start the process in our newsroom and in the FSC newsletter. The announcement will be accompanied by a call for applications to a working group. You may be qualified to join such a working group, and if so, you can directly contribute to developing the standard.
As a next step, the development of the process will be displayed on the Current Processes page, which lists all opportunities to engage and be informed throughout the process, e.g. in the consultative forum associated with it. You can request to join the consultative forum for each process individually to receive regular updates and give feedback on a continuous basis.
Finally, we hold 30- or 60-day public consultations on drafts of the normative document before it is tested and eventually approved. When you create an account on the FSC Consultation Platform, you will be notified via email about new consultations. National Forest Stewardship Standards generally follow the steps above but we recommend active monitoring of national office websites for announcements, or subscribing to the national FSC newsletter.
01. Identification: Identify the need for revision of an existing normative document or creation of a new one
02. Approval: Approval to start development or revision process
03. Stakeholder Consultation: Consult stakeholders on the intent to revise or create a new normative document
04. Working Group: Send a call to form a working group
05. Forum: Create a consultative forum to provide continuous update and feedback
06. Public Consultation: Hold public consultation on draft documents
07. Testing: Test new or revised documents
08. Approval & Implementation: Approval of normative documents and implement normative document
In summary, there are several ways you can remain informed and contribute:
- Tell us about the need for a new normative document for your country or an improvement for an existing normative document. For improvements, please complete the Change Request Form (you can find it below) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up to receive the FSC newsletter, where you can be informed of any calls to join a working group.
- Monitor the current processes for normative documents under development that are relevant to you and ask to join corresponding consultative forums.
- Register on the FSC Consultation Platform so you can be automatically notified when any public consultation on an FSC International normative document is opened.
- Monitor relevant national office websites and newsletters for announcements.
Responsible for the content: FSC International Center gGmbH
Legally represented by: Managing Directors, Dr. Hans-Joachim Droste and Mr. Stefan Salvador
Phone: +49 (0)228 367 66-0
Fax: +49 (0)228 367 66-65
Handelsregister / Commercial register: Bonn HRB12589